2. Background Check through Union County Public Schools. Please make sure you indicate SUN VALLEY MIDDLE on the this for school selection. To check status or become an approved volunteer:http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Page/3068
2017 Spring Sports tryout registrations are now open for the following sports:
***Student Athletes MUST be registered for tryouts prior to participating in any team workouts and/ or tryouts. An adult family member or guardian must first be signed up as a member of our SVABC Web site, after which time the adult family member or guardian can register the student athlete for available sports tryout registrations. This can be completed by going to our web site at www.svabc.org and clicking on the 'Register Online' tab in the left hand column. Simply locate the desired sports registration and click on it, the prompt will have you either sign in or create an account, after doing so simply follow ALL of the instructions to register your student athlete. Any questions and/or issues completing this process please contact our Web master at: email@example.com
Our SVABC has been working hard to bring you the best available sports programs. Our SVABC sponsors are helpful partners in supporting our Spartan athletes. Check out our **NEW** Spartan sponsorship brochure and sponsorship level opportunities...Tell your friends and local businesses that you frequent that they can be a sponsor and help our athletes by going to our web site at www.svabc.org and visiting the "Sponsorship Information" tab on our home page.
*****When filling out SVABC membership online*****
1. PLEASE - fill out membership for an ADULT family member (parent/guardian) and NOT the Student athlete
2. When filling out SVABC membership details - You MUST put in your DATE OF BIRTH - for the adult and NOT the child.
4. Please enter a valid email address and phone number so we can contact you if help is needed with registration errors.
3. When filling out registration for sports teams THAT is when you fill in your student athletes name, date of birth and other information
All of the directions are available when registering, we understand that the first time this process is completed that it can at times be confusing. Thank you for your patience with this process. Following the above steps will eliminate the majority of issues that some may run into while trying to register for membership.
Please see our Volunteers Tab in the left hand column of our Home page:
Anyone who is interested in Volunteering in any manner for ANY sport or activity on the field at games and/or practices that involves student athletes and their families at anySun Valley facility and/or at any other school facility in any capacity involving the SVABC - Must have a Level 4 Volunteer status with UCPS - Even if you have volunteered in the past, please check your status to make sure it is still active.
To register as a new volunteer, follow the steps below:
Enter in your name, desired username, password, email address and click “Register”. A confirmation screen will appear. Open the email sent by the Volunteer Management System. Click the link provided in the email to confirm your registration.
The VMS Home screen will appear. Login using your username and password. Complete online volunteer application and submit to desired schools.
* Please check your volunteer status from time to time and make any adjustments required. If too much time passes between volunteer assignents you may have to reapply for volunteer status with UCPS